- This event has passed.
The ACP: Not Now, Not Ever!
December 16, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Please drop by the Smith Center in Staunton anytime between 4 PM and 6 PM for food, music and fellowship, updates on the Atlantic Coast Pipeline, and a call to support our sustained resistance against the destructive and unneeded project.
Our fundraising goal is $40,000 by year-end and we hope you’ll consider helping us get there. And thanks to the support of an anonymous donor, every dollar we raise will be matched up to $20,000, so with a strong commitment from you, we’re halfway to our goal.
Here’s what we have planned for the evening:
- Pipeline updates from the Alliance and partners at 4:30 PM and 5:30 PM (same remarks both times)
- Live tunes
- A chance to win a local prize with your donation:
- $100 or greater, you’ll be entered to win Virginia’s Cattle Story by Nancy Sorrells and Katharine Brown.
- $250 or greater, you’ll be entered to win the above plus a brunch hosted by Jeanne Hoffman and Bobby Whitescarver at their Swoope farm and a copy of Bobby’s new book Swoope Almanac.
- $500 or greater, you’ll be entered to win all the above plus a locally crafted earring and lapel pin set made with sacred Ponca corn harvested from the path of the pipeline.
- $1000 or greater, you’ll be entered to win everything above plus a night at the beautiful Fort Lewis Lodge in Bath County.
We’ll have light hors d’oeuvres and beverages, so come ready to eat, drink, be merry, and continue to fight the ACP.
Can’t make the event, but would still like to contribute to the cause?
- December 16, 2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Augusta Couty
- R.R. Smith Center for History and Art
20 S New St
Staunton, VA 24401 United States + Google Map
- Annual Reports
- By County
- By Issue
- By Project
- Employment – open
- Shenandoah Rail Trail Partnership