Rockingham County is working to update its comprehensive plan that will guide growth and development decisions over the next 20 years. The plan looks all aspects of the county from housing to transportation to open space and economics. (If you need a refresher on the role of a comprehensive plan, you can look back at Nancy Sorrells’ 2020 article Superheroes Need Good Sidekicks.)
Rockingham County Comprehensive Plan Update
The county has mapped out the process of the update that will take a couple years and will provide many opportunities for public input, staring with community meetings and a survey between October and November 2022.
It is important that Rockingham County folks participate so that this plan is a true reflection of what residents want for their community going forward.
(click the image to enlarge)
- September 19, 2022 – Kickoff with Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors
- Fall 2022 – Public Input Survey
- Fall 2022 – Public Input Workshops
- January – December 2023 – Drafting Work Sessions with Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors
- TBD – Interim Public Draft Review and Open House
- TBD – Final Public Draft Review and Open House
- TBD – Final Review Joint Work Session
- June 2024 – Public Hearing for Adoption
Kim Sandum (email)