Rockingham County is working to update its comprehensive plan that will guide growth and development decisions over the next 20 years. The plan looks all aspects of the county from housing to transportation to open space and economics. (If you need a refresher on the role of a comprehensive plan, you can look back at Nancy Sorrells’ 2020 article Superheroes Need Good Sidekicks.)
Rockingham County Comprehensive Plan Update
The county has mapped out the process of the update that will take a couple years and will provide many opportunities for public input, staring with community meetings and a survey between October and November 2022.
It is important that Rockingham County folks participate so that this plan is a true reflection of what residents want for their community going forward.
(click the image to enlarge)
- September 19, 2022 – Kickoff with Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors
- Fall 2022 – Public Input Survey – Now Available!
- Fall 2022 – Public Input Workshops
- January – December 2023 – Drafting Work Sessions with Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors
- September 2021 – Interim Public Draft Review and Open House
- January 2024 – Final Public Draft Review and Open House
- March 2024 – Final Review Joint Work Session
- May 2024 – Public Hearing for Adoption
Current Public Input Opportunities
6pm – 8pm
presentation followed by workgroups sessions
East Rockingham High School
Broadway High School
Turner Ashby High School
Spotswood High School
Kim Sandum (email)